Thank You for looking in on us!
We hope the information you find here will provide a glimpse into the mission and ministry of Meadowbrook. We are located in Lenoir, N.C.
- Our Pastor is Rev. Roger Beck
- We are a warm, vibrant congregation on a journey of faith. — (What we Believe)
Our Church History
- 1959 a community on Wakefield Drive was left without a local Baptist church due to the disbandment of Grace Bible Church.
- God began to work in the Lives of College Avenue Baptist Church.
- On July 17th 1960, College Avenue leased the property and formed College Avenue Baptist Mission.
- By October of 1960, 69 members were in attendance for the services.
- On June 8th 1961 Rev. Robert Chester was called as Mission Pastor.
- On May 2nd 1965 the mission became a church with 59 charter members and took the name Meadowbrook Baptist Church.
- In October 1982 Meadowbrook added education and office facilities.
- In August 1986 the present Sanctuary was started and to the glory of God was complete on June 7th 1987 and seated 500.
- The Church has been blessed to pay off all indebtedness.
- Through the donations from the Nora McGee estate, the church has new sound, projection, expanded the stage and constructed a children’s playground.
- Meadowbrook has been blessed by strong pastoral leadership.
- Robert Chester (1961-1963)
- Rev. H.H. McManus (1963-1968)
- Rev. Clifton Tuttle (1968-1980)
- Rev. Donnie Solesbee (1981-1988)
- Rev. Gary Hayes (1990-1992)
- Rev. Roger Beck (1993-present)
- We are a Baptist Congregation.
- We welcome you to attend a service, participate in an event and become a part of our journey.
- For all services, some of our folks dress casual, some dress up, however you prefer, come as you are.
- We cooperate with the Caldwell Baptist Association, the North Carolina State Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention in sharing the Gospel with our County, State, and the World.
Meadowbrook is a place where:
- You Can Believe
- You Can Belong
- You Can Become